Saturday, July 5, 2008

HEADLINE: AUSTIN LOSES 1ST TOOTH AT FABER FAMILY REUNION





George took Austin to the Faber Family Reunion at Grass Lick Baptist Church in Kenna, WV.


Back row: Dan (James Daniel Faber/George's brother), Jim (James Hawthorn Frail/George's brother-in-law married to Sarah Lee), and Don Faber (George's cousin now from Wisconsin, but moving to Tulsa).

Front row: George, Sarah Lee Frail (George's sister), AUSTIN JAMES FABER, Sarah Faber (George's mom/Austin's "grandma-with-the-glasses"), and Pam Faber (Don's wife).


At the family reunion Austin lost his first tooth. He went to the dentist back in December, right after his 5th birthday, and the dentist told me his two lower middle teeth were loose. Austin asked me to tell the tooth fairy that he wanted a penny with a heart cut out of the middle. I checked with Hallmark and had my mom check up in Pittsburgh at a bunch of Hallmarks up there. I found them on-line and ordered a bunch of pennies with shapes cut out of the middle such as hearts, four-leaf clovers, footprints, stars, teddy bears, and crosses. It was the teeniest little tooth. I bought a PartyLite piece called "Ariel" when I was pregnant with Austin because a friend of mine told me a story about using Ariel as The Tooth Fairy. I pulled Ariel out of the styrofoam this afternoon and put her on Austin's nightstand. His teeny tooth is in her hand. While he is sleeping I will take the tooth out of her hand (and keep it f-o-r-e-v-e-r-!) and put a heart penny in the glass votive cup... just like I hoped I would when I bought Ariel 6 years ago.

1 comment:

WV Earls said...

Love the fairy idea. I know you must have been tearful about this big milestone! I would have been.