Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Political Rantings






O.K. ... here are my 2 cents about the country in general and the upcoming election...
First of all, thank God we live in a country where we have a choice. Please respect my opinions... even if you don't agree with them...
Here we go...
First of all, I think that McCain has spent his life serving our country and he would continue to do so in office. We already know he is different from Obama, he needs to spend more time differentiating himself from Bush. The democrats really focus on the fact that he voted with Bush 90% of the time. I think it is amazing that he voted against a President in his own Republican party 1 in 10 times. That is ballsy... but, not many people realize for every 10 things that came across his desk that Bush wanted... he went against him. I guess it is a matter of half-empty/half-full.
If people want CHANGE, the one to bring it will be Palin. She has great leadership skills and gets things done and will work for the American people. She will not stand for "business as usual" and will tell the boys in D.C. they may have done things one way for the past how-many-ever-years... but, not anymore. She will tell them they tried it their way and now they will do it the John and Sarah way.
My take on NObama is that he is a socialist. Yes, everybody is created equal. But, what happens after that equal creation is pretty much up to each individual in this country. I don't think people who work hard and build a company from scratch, providing goods and services and jobs for this country should carry such a heavy tax burden. I think the idea that people who make $250K per year are Extremely Wealthy is ridiculous. Many people in that tax bracket have debt from working their way up to that income. Some families with children and student loans and mortgages and vehicles and debt from years of college and internships in whatever field they choose make it paycheck-to-paycheck on $250K.... especially in New York, Boston, L.A. and larger cities. We don't make over $250K, but it may happen in the next 4 years and that worries me. We are very much in debt and my husband went to school for a long, long time and worked very hard to get here. We have crappy insurance that we pay for... no eye... no dental and we have a large stack of medical bills from my failed baby-making attempts. I realize that people who make 20K per year think $250K per year is rich. It's not. It is comfortable, for sure... but not Extremely Wealthy by any means. If Obama/Biden raised that income level to $1million, there would be many small business people and hard-working professionals that would feel more comfortable with that.
Neither candidate supports it, but I'm all for a flat tax.
I also think that lobbyists are ridiculous. That should not even be a job. Big business such as oil companies... big tobacco... etc. have more of a voice than the America people. I don't think Palin will put up with that bull.
There are people on the radio saying that McCain disrespected them by choosing Palin. Huh?!? I have heard so many people on the radio and TV and even at the WalMart saying that McCain is about to die and Sarah Palin would be the President with no experience. I think McCain is smart enough to surround the both of them with the best cabinet members and the most incredible consultants and advisors. He's not going to die and Sarah is going to stick her finger up her nose and say "what do I do now"?
She is a spitfire and I respect her and think she is our best chance for CHANGE.
Only 2 things bother me about Palin... 1.) She should not let her youngest girl carry that baby boy around a stage... and 2.) she went to the George Bush school of pronounciation... she needs to learn how to say nuclear. It is like nails on a chalk board to me when people say nucular... aaarrrrggg!
Also, during the debates Obama keeps saying he will go through the bills line-by-line and strike out certain things. He cannot do that. The President does not have line item veto or else every President would've used it. I don't think Obama gets it. Also, the democrats dominate the Congress right now and I think a Democratic Congress should have a Republican President for checks and balances.
I think people should take more responsibility for their own well being. The welfare system is a mess. There are abled bodied people staying home and collecting welfare, food stamps, WIC, etc.... because they CAN. I have become to close to this issue as of late. When people hit hard times they turned to their family and now they expect to be taken care of by the government... yet, they want government to stay out of their lives. Can't have it both was. I have used unemployment and my girls get WIC, but I never abused the programs, took them for granted or felt entitled to them.
Everybody has the opportunity to get an education. If Student A gets good grades and gets their Masters (more debt-student loans and living expenses) and does an internship (more debt-living expenses) and Student B drops out in the 11th grade and sits on the couch playing Nintendo... why should A support B. What is Obama... Robin Hood? Take from the rich and give to the poor? I was going to get an Obama/Biden sign and change it to NObama/BideMe sign, but I didn't want to offend my neighbors. They would not know I was being a clown not a bee-otch. I admire those less fortunate who sacrifice to get an education and work hard at their jobs to become a success and live the American Dream.
The minimum wage should've stayed where it was and people should've had to get promoted or get educated and get a better job to raise their families. You are not supposed to be able to raise a family of 4 on a McD's drive-thru salary. Those minimum wage jobs were to be filled by high school and college kids to teach them responsibility and/or to be a stepping stone to manangement. Social Security was meant to be a supplement... not a retirement plan. Do you remember the days when waiters and waitresses appreciated tips instead of expected them? Tips were gratuities... a way of saying "Thank You for your extra good service". Now some give crappy service and expect a tip just for delivering food to your table. Now some places automatically add a tip onto the check. How about a smile? How about going above and beyond setting a plate on my table? What ever happened to customer service?
America was the strongest, greatest country on earth when people had family values and a strong work ethic. Entitlement and laziness and decreasing family values and cutting God out of the fabric of our nation is unravelling it.
A lot of this is more about the country in general. Some of it is about the candidates.
Agree or disagree... but, I hope you respect my opinions.

No comments: