Friday, August 29, 2008

Back To School

Austin started Kindergarten this week. He had a half day in the afternoon on Tuesday and a full day on Thursday and today.

I am feeling a little sad today for many reasons. I miss my little guy a lot. I was with him 24/7 through the summer and made him share me with the girls. Speaking of the girls, I am mentally preparing myself for E to go to her maternal grandma and K to go to her dad. Looks like I won't be keeping either one of the girls. My heart is breaking over E... not because of the length of time, but the quality of time. She changed more during these 4 1/2 months than she will any other 4 months in her lifetime! I'm hurt, but I should've expected this and I'm mad at myself for getting so attached to her. With K, it is not that I became attached... it was that I fully expected to be able to adopt her. I guess I expected too much from "the system". I really expected them to push for what was in the best interest of the children, but they are gung-ho on getting them to a relative... damn the consequences. I'm pretty hurt right now. I signed up for a support group at the foster care agency and it was cancelled. Ironic, huh?!?
I'll keep everybody updated on the situation. I have new photos of the girls. If you want me to E-Mail them to you, let me know... but, I cannot publish them on-line. Wish me luck. Between missing Austin and preparing for my girls to leave... I'm doing a better job holding it together than I thought. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... I guess all of my past experiences that damn near killed me have made me Superwoman - LOL

3 comments:

Julie said...

How can our kids be "big" enough to be in Kindergarten!!! I wish I had been up there so we could mope together. I really hope that we'll get to catch up soon! Miss you!

Dana said...

Sorry I missed your call the other day. We had all of our family in for Chloe's birthday. I can't believe it's been a whole year! I'm so sorry to hear about the girls. You're in my prayers.

Love you

WV Earls said...

Austin look so cute in this Kindergarten picture. You are blessed to have this little guy. Just hold onto him tightly and know that he will be yours forever. Sorry about the girls.