Thursday, December 18, 2008

Updated Photos







Both of the girls are still with me. Their situations change constantly and I'm just going to focus on the fact that they are with ME at this moment in time.
Crazy busy with the holidays. Austin is doing great in school. He won a Young Illustrators Award and has a picture hanging at the Parkersburg Art Center. He is just turned 6, is in Kindergarten and reads at a 3.1 level. He is working on his times tables (0, 1, 2 and 3, so far)

He is looking forward to Christmas, but will be disappointed when he does NOT get Wii. There are other, more important, family gifts I would like much more than Wii... like a digital video camera that records to DVD... or a new computer for the den. I have been using a new laptop in the kitchen... but our main computer in the den is a Gateway we bought in 1999. Fred Flintstone called and he wants it back. Seriously, 10 years is like 100 computer years.
He said something funny last night. He asked if he could get married when he was 29. I told him that would be great because I would want him to finish college and get a good job. and that would be a great age he finds the right woman. I told him there is no hurry. Then, he said "how am I supposed to pick only ONE woman?" OH, NO... I'M IN BIG TROUBLE with that boy!
We went to the Try-Again Homes Christmas Party on Friday night and went to Pittsburgh for the weekend. We lived it up in style at the OMNI William Penn and took in the Christmas sights in Downtown Pittsburgh and Station Square followed by a day at the Carnegie Science Center.
Ellie at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh contemplating the origins of the universe. She is deep in thought.

You think K is happy?!?!?! I thought Ellie was a smiley baby. This little girl giggles and smiles everytime she lays eyes on me. I must be funny looking!


The girls made a page for the Try-Again Homes 2009 Calendar. Their month is April and I made their handprints into flowers.


No comments: