Monday, November 10, 2008

FACEBOOK

I am now on Facebook and have been having fun with that. I will still post updates and photos on this blog and I put this webpage address in my Facebook profile. I'd like to still have this blog for the friends and relatives that like to check it and because I don't feel comfortable putting the girls photos on Facebook. I'm not even sure I'm allowed!

Austin wearing his LUCKY AND CHARMING T-Shirt... yes, he is!


Updates:
Austin was tested with the accelerated readers in the first grade (he is only in Kindergarten!) and his reading level is 2.1-3.1... which means 2nd grade, 1st month to 3rd grade, 1st month. I figured he could read books in the 3rd grade level, but it is nice to have something in writing. It was great of his teacher to let him test with the 1st graders. When she sends home the Scholastic book order forms, she sends me one from the 2nd grade teacher also. She is so excited about Austin's enthusiasm for learning. He is working on his multiplication tables and loves science.


Also... Austin won an art award for Wood County Schools. One of his "pieces" is on display at Parkersburg Art Center through January 9th.


He is also very musical. He is going to be a multi-talented individual. Although, I fear, not in the area of sports. He is just not into the sports like other kids his age. He takes swim lessons at the Y and just started Karate. I think he wanted to take karate because SpongeBob does karate!


He is a great-looking, smart, amazing kid... but, he got none of his mother's athletic abilities : )


All is well today at the Faber Household. I am listening to Christmas CDs and cleaning my house. I'm staying in today because Kaylynn is sneezing and it is soooooooooo cold outside.


Austin is off tomorrow and we plan to go on a MOMS Club Field Trip to Petland and CiCi's Pizza. Good times.

No comments: